AVA Installation Crew Training Programme Open Call
Are you interested in learning the skills required to professionally install an art exhibition?
After a successful pilot programme run in 2018-2019, AVA is looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in arts and culture to apply for the first official run of the Installation Crew Training Programme 2019-2020. Kicking off in October, teams of 3-4 trainees will participate in on-the-job training hosted by rotating professional installers. For 2 or 3 consecutive days in a month trainees will learn various aspects of installing 2D wall based artwork and 3D artwork, including training in the following areas:
• Basic curatorial concepts and considerations
• Surface preparations & handling of art work
• Tools and fittings for artwork installation - use, storage, maintenance
• Basic formulas and measurements for hanging heights and visual eye-lines
• Lighting plans and implementation
• Health and safety requirements.
Applicants are invited to send a short biography, contact details and a paragraph motivating why they should be considered for this programme to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 October 2019. This programme is supported by the PGWC-DCAS in association with Iziko Museums.
In answer to numerous requests the 2019-2020 programme considers applicants from the Western Cape Province as well as from Gauteng.