DO YOU WANT TO EXHIBIT AT THE AVA GALLERY?
The selection meetings for 2013
6 February, 10 April, 5 June, 7 August, 25 September, 6 November
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR AN EXHIBITION
Thank you for expressing interest in exhibiting at AVA. In order to facilitate this process, this is the procedure. I strongly advise you visit the AVA gallery and view its four different gallery spaces, if you live in Cape Town or surrounds, before applying for a show here.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to phone The AVA Gallery on 021 424 7436.
- AVA has a selection committee who meet once every two months to review works submitted for possible exhibitions here.
- You need to submit 6 to 8 original works for review by them. This must be your most recent work in the same medium/genre or, preferably, the work that you wish to exhibit at AVA. You are welcome to supplement your originals with visuals (see point number 3).
- If you live too far away, or the work is too heavy or too large for transport, then you may submit 10 to 12 visuals of the relevant works. These may be either photographs, colour photocopies or digital PDF files but they must be annotated with the title of the work, medium used, dimensions and intended selling price (where possible). The committee will not review work on a website link and may request that originals be delivered before they making a final decision.
- Your submission must also include your updated CV, as well as a short proposal concerning your proposed exhibition, i.e. a motivation for your exhibition focusing on theme, intention and aims. The proposal should not exceed several paragraphs.
- Works submitted must arrive at the gallery between 10h00 & 13h00 on the Selection day and must be collected the following working daybetween 10h00 & 12h00. A reply will be received on day of collection or by contacting the gallery director after the meeting.
- The selection committee’s decision as to exhibitions is based on their majority vote.
- No reasons will be given for their acceptance or declining of your proposal for an exhibition at AVA. No feedback on the artwork submitted will be given.
- The decision of the selection committee is final.
- No discussion or correspondence will be entered into.
- You need to be aware that if your work is accepted, the AVA will allocate you a time during the year to exhibit.
- Should your work be accepted for exhibition, you will need to sign a contract with AVA concerning your show here.
- Please be advised that there are expenses/costs involved in holding an exhibition at AVA. Please enquire about these once you have been accepted for an exhibition here.